We are determined to create an inclusive culture of learning where children will be challenged in their thinking, to achieve the best of their abilities and become lifelong learners.
The School will:
- Care for pupils’ safety, well-being and happiness.
- Encourage high standards of behaviour.
- Encourage pupils to reach their full potential.
- Provide high quality teaching and opportunities to learn.
- Inform you of your child’s progress at regular intervals, following the Talk To Learn meetings.
- Provide you with information about your child’s learning behaviours at regular intervals.
- Keep you informed about any concerns we may have about your child’s learning, behaviour and well-being.
- Set home learning activities that are appropriate for your child and will enable you to assist them with their learning.
- Endeavour to meet with you, discuss any concerns and seek to find a solution that is child focused.
As a parent or guardian I will:
- Ensure my child attends school on time, equipped with all that they need to engage in learning.
- Ensure my child is wearing the correct school uniform.
- Avoid unnecessary absences.
- Support my child with reading and other home learning activities.
- Attend a minimum of 2 parent consultation meetings a year to discuss my child’s progress and learning behaviours.
- Share any concerns I have with the school about my child’s health, well-being or progress.
- Support the schools behaviour policy and encourage a positive attitude towards school and learning.
- Attend meetings and workshops offered by the school to assist my child in their learning.
- Support social events, the PTA and Pot Kiln community based activities.
- Provide the school with feedback about existing strengths and areas that can be further improved.